Property and Dispute Resolution Secretary
- Reference: RG419
- Salary: £23,000.00 per annum
- Type: Permanent, full-time
We are supporting our client with the recruitment of a Commercial Property and Dispute Resolution Secretary to be based from their Sevenoaks office.
The role will require you to provide comprehensive assistance to the fee earners in the Commercial Property and Dispute Resolution departments simultaneously to support them in providing the highest possible quality of service to their clients. This is a great opportunity to join an established reputable firm who offer great professional opportunities to their staff coupled with a competitive benefits package and subsidised parking.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Accurate and timely work on client files as allocated by fee earner
Time Recording – Accurate completion of daily log
Client satisfaction with level of service provided
Fee Earner satisfaction with level of support and communication provided
KEY RESULT AREAS
1. To take initial instructions on the telephone.
2. Prepare risk assessments on cases in order to understand what needs to be addressed on a risk assessment and why.
3. Opening client files accurately both on the computer and using paper files to include key dates, limitations and costs to comply with Law Net and Panel requirements.
4. Liaise directly with clients, agents etc as appropriate.
5. To demonstrate the use of precedents wherever possible.
6. To conduct all own administration such as typing own work, photocopying, preparing bundles, paying expenses invoices, keeping an up to date diary.
7. To undertake any other ad hoc tasks as directed by the Head of Department.
Must be confident in abilities to deal with clients, agents, banks etc.
Outstanding organisational skills are essential in order to be able to deal with numerous complex files. Must be able to demonstrate good file management and accurate document filing.
The ability to balance quality and quantity of work is vital.
Excellent team working skills and a positive and flexible approach.
Ability to adjust communication style according to different situations and client’s needs
Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy of work.
Commercial awareness in terms of understanding recovery of chargeable hours, how to charge appropriately, time recording and marketing.
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
Previous experience of working in Commercial Property or Dispute Resolution
A passion to develop in this area of work is essential
Influencing and Negotiation
Initiative and Self-Motivation
Building Relationships and Working with others
Case and Client Management